Virkon - Product Description
Efficacy of Virkon™ in the face of COVID-19.
Virkon™ is a disinfectant possessing wide spectrum virucidal, bactericidal and fungicidal activity.
Independent studies have demonstrated Virkon™ to be effective against the following five coronaviruses, Canine Coronavirus, Feline Infectious Peritonitis Virus, Porcine Epidemic Diarrhea Virus, Avian Infectious Bronchitis Virus and Transmissible Gastroenteritis Virus. Also for use in veterinary and human hospitals and healthcare facilities, and food processing plants.
Virkon™ is expected to also inactivate SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19).
Download the official communication
Unique in its composition, Virkon's activity is based on a buffered synergized system containing a high percentage of surfactant. Its efficacy is enhanced by its excellent detergent properties. Virkon® can be used on all surfaces and in all situations.
• Broad spectrum
• Easily applied
• Formulated with biodegradable ingredients
Virkon Features and Benefits
• Highly effective against common pathogens in livestock including many hard to kill non‐enveloped viruses
• Tested against PED and Avian influenza
• Useful in a myriad of applications
• Can be used on watering equipment, pens, walls, horse tack
• Multiple package sizes (5g, 50g, 500g, 5kg, 10kg)
• Pink color indicator of efficacy in the solution
• Solution turns white when activity is lost over time (average 5 – 7 days)
• Powdered or effervescent format
• Easy mixing
• Non‐irritant after mixing solution 1%
• No occupational exposure limits
• CFIA approved for food processing facilities
• A good choice for disinfection of livestock trucks
• Can easily mix small volumes for foot baths
Virkon - Directions for use
Virkon® can be used in agricultural buildings: animals must be removed from the premise during disinfection. In food processing plants: for food contact surfaces, rinse thoroughly with potable water after disinfection.
1. FOR CLEANING AND DISINFECTION OF SURFACES AND EQUIPMENT:
• In agricultural buildings
• In veterinary hospitals
• In food processing plants
2. FOR AERIAL DISINFECTION
3. SANITIZING DRINKING WATER SYSTEM